Wild Leek Fritters!

Recently, I went walking in the woods, and I came upon a very delicious plant. The wild leek! As I harvested some, I thought to myself "this would make a great blog post!" So, here you go!

*note that this recipe can be made with green onions as well.



Wild Leek Fritters

To start, shred 1 sweet potato, and 2 apples. You can use a food processor, box grater, or a julienne peeler. Add this to a mixing bowl, along with 5 chopped leeks, and 1/3 cup dandelion petals. (see Spring has Sprung! series)





Next, mix together, 1 1/2 cups of milk, 2 cups of flour (i used rice flour, but use any kind you have on hand), 1 tsp paprika, 1tsp salt & pepper, and 3 eggs. Add this to the vegetables and mix well.
Heat 1/2 cup of frying oil in a medium saucepan. (I used the Mediterranian blend from Costco) You'll know when it's hot when you dip a spoon with some batter on it, and the oil starts bubbling.




Then, drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil, 5-7 per batch, so you don't crowd the pan.



When you can see that the bottoms are golden brown, flip them over with a spatula. When both sides look done, transfer them to a plate covered with a paper towel.



They're done!!!
I like to eat them with some sour cream mixed 1 tsp of lemon or lime juice.
There is more information about wild leeks, on my brother's blog. JrHomesteader

                                                   -Jacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Harvest!

Healthy Living- Paused!!! ⏸

Healthy Living- Week 2