Thanksgiving!🦃


 Happy December everyone! I know it doesn't look like it, but we only have one month left of 2020! This year has been so crazy, and I'm anxious for the new year.

This post is titled "Thanksgiving", and I apologize because I was planning on posting this sooner. (closer to thanksgiving) But, last week was pretty busy, so you're getting this post now. Oh well.

I don't have any recipes in this post, just some pictures. This year I actually had 2 Thanksgiving's, one with my dad on the 24th, and one with my cousins on Thanksgiving day. And fun fact, we don't usually have normal/classic Thanksgiving food.

 

This post is kind of a diary, but basically about what we had for Thanksgiving dinner. 

Instead of turkey, we had chicken. We normally make turkey, hash(potatoes, carrots, peppers, onions, eggs, and turkey) but we did it with chicken this year.


We had acorn squash soup, with a little too much ground clove. ;) The story behind that... Well, for the soup, you need a lot of nutmeg and a lot less clove. But, I accidentally got the 2 bottles mixed up, and put in a lot of clove, and a lot of nutmeg (after I realized my mistake, I added more nutmeg). So it was very, very flavorful. It needed a little more maple syrup than usual, but still tasted good!

 

We also had some green beans. Which are just green beans. Nothing really exciting, except that they were really good! I think the best way to eat them is with salt, pepper, and lots of butter! But that's just my opinion.



For dessert, instead of the classic apple pie, we had apple pie... In an apple. I saw this recipe 2 years ago, and have made it 3 years in a row. This year, however, it was completely my own original recipe. The basic idea for this, it a hollowed apple filled with an amazing crumble topping. After it's baked it collapses a little bit and doesn't look the prettiest. But it tastes AMAZING!!! I love to top it with whipped cream, and homemade caramel sauce. You could also top it with vanilla ice-cream.






I hope you guys had an incredible Thanksgiving!


-Jacey





















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Harvest!

Healthy Living- Paused!!! ⏸

Healthy Living- Week 2