🎂The BEST Birthday Cake!

Hey everyone!

So, earlier this month it was my birthday,  and everyone knows what a birthday means...CAKE!!!

For the last 3 years, I have had the same cake, it just looked a little different. Because it's so good!
In this post, I will show you how to make my famous birthday cake.

Now you still might be wondering what this cake is made of unless you saw the picture already.
You probably have some ideas, which I'm not going to list... Because there are so many good birthday cakes out there.
Mine has 3 ingredients... Watermelon, Cherries, and Whipping Cream. What???!!! Yes, this cake is very simple but very delicious.

It all starts with a watermelon. I try to buy sightly longer watermelons, as they tend to contain more flesh. Next, I will cut off both ends, trying to make the watermelon sit as flat as possible.







Now, using a melon baller(or a spoon), I will scoop out all of the inside flesh. Making sure to stop 1- 2 inches before the bottom, or there will be a mess(which is not great, if it's your birthday). I learned that lesson the hard way, a few years ago. ;)








When I'm doing this, I find that there is a lot of juice. To avoid turning the cake into "cake-soup", I put the scoops of watermelon into a colander, over a bowl to catch the juice. (which can be used)






Next, the cherries need to be pitted. I don't care how you do it, it just needs to be done. I used a cherry pitter, similar to this one.







Now that the watermelon is empty, I will measure out how much fruit I can put in it.









I like to start with the cherries, and put however many I want at the bottom. Next, if you would like, add any other fruit now is the time. Some fruits include... Blueberries, strawberries, grapes, or bananas.
I had some blueberries in my fridge. So I put those in.
Now, fill up the rest of it, with the watermelon pieces. Dump the whole contents of the watermelon into a bowl, and mix gently.





Now, time for whipped cream. I bought heavy whipping cream and whipped it with some vanilla. But do whatever you want, for whipped cream. Reddi whip, cool whip, or anything like that works just fine.

Now comes the fun part (besides eating it of course)!
Time to layer. You don't have to do this, you could mix the whipped cream with the fruit and add it to the watermelon, and call it good. I like this version better, but that's just my preference.

I start with a layer of whipped cream then a layer of fruit.
And I keep on doing that until I reach the top. If you have enough whipped cream, you could do an extra thick layer on the top, but I ran out. :(



























Now, you can add candles, if you want. My mom added 13(because I was turning 13).


 Or if you made it just because it looked good, do what you want with the top. Maybe put some extra fruit on it.

We also have a special plate that we always use for my family's birthdays. So I put it on there, and it was done!


















*Note, that this is a  deconstructed cake, that needs to be served in a bowl. But otherwise, enjoy it!



If you give it a try, please let me know!


-Jacey








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Harvest!

Healthy Living- Paused!!! ⏸

Healthy Living- Week 2