🎂Another Birthday Cake!

About a week and a half ago, it was my sister's birthday. Which means I made another cake!

Now there is a reason I am doing this post a week and a half later.
Last week, I was in southern MN, visiting my Grandparents. And 2 days after that, I went to WI. And then, this week, I was busy on Sunday, and I started school yesterday. So, if you can't already tell, I have had a pretty busy month so far.

But, I have found some time to do this post, so I'll just get started.

Jolie loves blueberries and lemons. And that is an amazing flavor combination! So, because she wanted those 2 things, I made her a Blueberry Lemon Cake, with Whipped Cream Frosting.



This post is not going to be step-by-step instructions, like most of my other posts. That's because I used 2 recipes (which were not my own). This post will be just some pictures and a little explaining.

My family tries to eat low sugar as much as possible. So it's sometimes a little bit of a challenge finding a good recipe. You may be thinking, "why don't you make your own recipe?" I have thought about making my own recipe for the cake, but I do not bake a lot, which would be a problem. Yes, I know a decent amount about baking, and following a recipe, I can pull off some great results! But, I don't know enough to make my own cake recipe, like I do when I'm cooking.






So, to solve this problem I just cut way down on the sugar. When the recipe called for 1 cup, and 1/4, I used 1/3 cup. And when the recipe called for 1 cup, I used 1/4 cup. I used about 1/4 of the sugar, that was needed for this recipe, and the cake was still amazing! I also used whipped cream, instead of buttercream or cream cheese frosting.

The recipes are linked below.

Cake

Frosting


So to start off, I don't own a cake pan. That was a problem. I don't do much baking, and when I do... I usually only need a 9x13 pan or a cupcake tin. But, I did have a Tube Pan! We always have angel food cake Christmas Day (which is what you bake in a TP), so thankfully I had a pan to use! If you don't know what a Tube Pan is, I will put a link here This also meant that there would be some extra space for more blueberries.




I baked the cake, and after I let it cool, I cut it in half. (I was going to make a layered cake) Next, I filled the hole in the middle with a layer of lemon zest, blueberries, and whipped cream. The technique was similar to my birthday cake. (see The best birthday cake! )



After that, I covered the whole top with whipped cream and lemon zest and repeated the process with my second layer.
But with the very top, I put a thicker layer of whipped cream.




After that, I put a very, very thin layer of whipped cream around the sides.

Finally, I put on 10 candles (Jolie was turning 10) some blueberries, lemon zest, and it was done!





My whole family LOVED this cake! Including my Grandparents! (I brought them some leftovers when we went to see them)

If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in the comments!







-Jacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dill Harvest!

Healthy Living- Paused!!! ⏸

Healthy Living- Week 2